The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) offers data on schools countrywide. Find out specifics for colleges and universities in or near Monmouth County within four major categories.
Closest Schools to Monmouth County
Looking at institutions near Freehold, New Jersey, a central location of Monmouth County, the following are the five closest. All are within 20 miles of Freehold.
- Brookdale Community College (Lincroft)
- Georgian Court University (Lakewood)
- Monmouth University (West Long Branch)
- Mercer County Community College (West Windsor)
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick (New Brunswick)
Largest Schools Near Monmouth County
Rutgers University of New Brunswick hosts the largest student population by far, with 49,428 students and an undergraduate student body size topping 35,000. Four two-year public colleges also boast large student bodies, as well as a private Ivy League university.
- Brookdale Community College (13,835 students; all undergraduates)
- Middlesex County College (11,662 students; all undergraduates)
- Ocean County College (8,663 students; all undergraduates)
- Princeton University (8,138 students; 5,402 undergraduates)
- Mercer County Community College (7,979 undergraduates; all undergraduates)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
The NCES offers net price stats for schools throughout the United States, which is a figure that takes into account tuition, fees and textbook costs as well as the average financial aid package. The following schools had the lowest net price for in-state, full-time undergraduate students, based on 2014-2015 NCES figures.
- Mercer County Community College ($5,410)
- Brookdale Community College ($6,468)
- Ocean County Vocational Technical School ($6,706)
- Middlesex County College ($6,832)
- Ocean County College ($8,659)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
The schools below have the highest graduation rates, according to NCES data from 2014-2015 on first-time, full-time students who completed their programs within 150% of the normal time, such as six years for a bachelor's degree.
- Princeton University (97 percent)
- Rutgers University -New Brunswick (80 percent)
- Monmouth University (67 percent)
- Ocean County Vocational Technical School (65 percent)
- Rider University (64 percent)
Students looking for schools in and near Monmouth County, New Jersey, have many options, including community colleges, technical schools and four-year universities. Comparing schools' locations, sizes, costs and graduation rates can help narrow the decision.