The public and private non-profit postsecondary institutions in the Montclair, NJ, area offer a variety of program options. These include two private non-profit colleges and one state university. The data we've used to organize the schools into categories is based on stats from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Montclair, NJ
Most of the closest schools to Montclair are 4-year schools. Half of the closest institutions are within 6 miles of the town, which makes many of these colleges easily accessible to potential students.
- Bloomfield College (1.6 miles away in Bloomfield)
- Montclair State University (2.3 miles away in Montclair)
- Caldwell University (4.0 miles away in Caldwell)
- Seton Hall University (5.0 miles away in South Orange)
- Essex County College (6.0 miles away in Newark)
Largest Schools near Montclair, NJ
The largest schools near Montclair, New Jersey, had more than 10,000 students as of Fall 2015. Most of those institutions are 4-year schools, and students will be able to work towards both undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Montclair State University (20,465 students)
- Kean University (14,112 students)
- Rutgers University-Newark (11,720 students)
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (11,325 students)
- Essex County College (10,954 students)
Lowest Net Price
According to NCES, the lowest net price is calculated by subtracting total financial aid that a student receives from the overall cost of attendance. Public and private non-profit colleges and universities in the Montclair area had net prices ranging from $6,000 to $14,00. The following are the top schools that had the lowest net prices for full-time undergraduate students.
- Hudson County Community College ($6,791)
- Passaic County Community College ($8,584)
- Essex County College ($8,704)
- Rutgers University-Newark ($10,569)
- Saint Peter's University ($13,906)
Highest Graduation Rate
The highest graduation rate, according to NCES, refers to the rate in which incoming full-time undergraduates complete a degree program within 150% of the normal time. The graduation rates for public and private not-for-profit colleges and universities in the Montclair area ranged from 61% to 68%. Following are the top schools with the highest graduation rates for students who entered into their 4-year programs in 2009.
- Rutgers University-Newark (68% graduation rate)
- Montclair State University (66% graduation rate)
- Caldwell University (64% graduation rate)
- Seton Hall University (63% graduation rate)
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (61% graduation rate)
The public and private non-profit schools in and around Montclair, New Jersey, are organized into four categories to aid in your college decisions.