While there are plenty of postsecondary options near Mooresville, NC, we only focus on the more traditional public or private colleges and universities in the area offering an assortment of programs. To help would-be students determine if any of these institutions represent a good match for their educational needs, we compare them from information presented by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Mooresville, North Carolina
The closest schools to Mooresville are mostly private institutions and include several specialty schools. A few of the schools in the area offer both undergraduate and graduate level programs. The following are the nearest traditional schools to the city:
- Davidson College (5.6 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-Huntersville Campus (11.4 miles from downtown)
- Mitchell Community College (15.1 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-North Charlotte (15.1 miles from downtown)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (17.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Mooresville, North Carolina
The majority of the larger institutions near Mooresville are public schools. Several are 2-year community colleges, with the rest being 4-year institutions.
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (27,238 students)
- Central Piedmont Community College (19,957 students)
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College (6,420 students)
- Mitchell Community College (3,106 students)
- Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte (2,255 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
There are several affordable traditional schools near Mooresville that had net prices below $15,000 in 2014-2015, according to the NCES. The NCES takes the average annual cost of attendance for a school and subtracts from that the average amount of financial aid given to full-time undergrad students in order to figure out the average net price of a school.
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College ($6,361)
- Central Piedmont Community College ($6,892)
- Mitchell Community College ($8,104)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte ($8,761)
- King's College ($15,976)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES measures the overall graduation rate for a school by determining the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finished within 150% of the program's normal time; in addition, the NCES also takes a look at the students who graduate in the standard time for their program. Several of the schools near Mooresville have overall graduation rates above 50% for 2015.
- Davidson College (93% graduation rate)
- King's College (73% graduation rate)
- Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte (58% graduation rate)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (53% graduation rate)
- Catawba College (47% graduation rate)
The Mooresville, NC, area offers students a wide array of public and private institutions that are close to downtown, vary in size, are affordable, and/or have high graduation rates.