If you're considering schools near Moosic, Pennsylvania, it can be helpful to consider data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) as you weigh your educational options.
Closest Schools to Moosic, Pennsylvania
There are no non-specialty schools in the borough of Moosic, Pennsylvania, but it is located near Scranton, so there are several traditional and colleges and universities in close proximity. These five institutions are the shortest drive from Moosic.
- University of Scranton (4.5 miles)
- Lackawanna College (5.5 miles)
- Marywood University (5.5 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University-Worthington (6.4 miles)
- Summit University of Pennsylvania (8.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Moosic, Pennsylvania
The schools in the Moosic area are mostly small institutions - only three have more than five thousand students. Smaller schools like these can often provide more individualized instruction. Take a look at the student population sizes of the five largest schools, as reported by the NCES.
- Luzerne County Community College (5,788 students)
- University of Scranton (5,422 students)
- Wilkes University (5,053 students)
- Marywood University (3,010 students)
- Misericordia University (2,963 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
If you're concerned about college affordability, you may want to consider the net prices of the schools in the Moosic area. The NCES determines net price by subtracting the average financial aid award from the annual cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. For the 2014-2015 school year, these were the five least expensive schools near Moosic.
- Luzerne County Community College ($6,642 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Worthington ($13,497 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Wilkes-Barre ($14,590 per year)
- Lackawanna College ($15,734 per year)
- Summit University of Pennsylvania ($18,157 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
When determining graduation rates, the NCES looks at how many students graduated within 150% of their program's normal. These five traditional Moosic-area schools all had graduation rates above 60 percent, based on data from full-time undergraduate students who finished in 2015.
- University of Scranton (80%)
- Misericordia University (72%)
- Marywood University (70%)
- King's College (66%)
- Summit University of Pennsylvania (59%)
In summary, NCES statistics may be able to help you decide whether one of the schools near Moosic, Pennsylvania, is right for you.