Aspiring Morrisville-area students who want to pursue a local college education have plenty of options. Based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), we compare universities and colleges in several categories below.
Closest Schools to Morrisville, North Carolina
Students can find 2-year and 4-year institutions within about 10 miles of downtown Morrisville, NC. These schools are mostly private colleges and universities.
- Strayer University-North Carolina (located downtown)
- North Carolina State University (7 miles from downtown)
- Meredith College (7.8 miles from downtown)
- EPCI University-Raleigh (8.8 miles from downtown)
- Durham Technical Community College (10.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Morrisville, North Carolina
NCES reported several schools near Morrisville with large student populations for 2014-2015. Most of these schools are public institutions that offer undergraduate and graduate level degree programs.
- North Carolina State University (33,989 students)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (29,135 students)
- Wake Technical Community College (21,384 students)
- Duke University (15,856 students)
- North Carolina Central University (7,687 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
NCES approximates the net price of attending most schools in the country by subtracting the total amount of financial aid given at a school from the total cost for attending that school for full-time undergraduates. Three traditional schools in the Morrisville area had net prices below $10,000 in the 2014-2015 school year, and the top five are listed below.
- Durham Technical Community College ($6,630)
- Wake Technical Community College ($9,094)
- North Carolina Central University ($9,793)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ($10,785)
- North Carolina State University ($13,575)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates can indicate student satisfaction and the level of academic success that can be found at a given school. NCES calculates overall graduation rates by keeping track of the percentage of full-time undergraduates who graduate from a degree program within 150% of the normal time it should take to be completed. For 4-year schools, 150% of normal time is equal to six years. The five schools below all rate the highest in this category among traditional schools in the Morrisville area, according to NCES statistics; these rates are for 2014-2015.
- Duke University (95% graduation rate)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (90% graduation rate)
- North Carolina State University (75% graduation rate)
- Meredith College (62% graduation rate)
- William Peace University (43% graduation rate)
Interested students can find 2-year and 4-year public or private schools that fit their needs and preferences within 25 miles of Morrisville, North Carolina.