Although there are a few degree programs in mortgage banking, most aspiring mortgage brokers or bankers earn related degrees in finance or accounting. Federal regulations require all mortgage loan officers to hold a license.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Business Marketing Operations
- Fashion Merchandising
- Hospitality Marketing Operations
- Insurance, General
- Marketing for Apparel and Accessories
- Marketing for Travel and Tourism Operations
- Real Estate Sales, Appraisal, and Finance
- Special Product Marketing
- Tourism Promotion Operations
- Vehicle and Vehicle Parts Marketing
10 Schools with Mortgage Programs
Most schools offering applicable programs are 4-year, public entities. Some of the top institutions include:
|College/University||Institution Type||Location||Degrees Offered||Tuition 2015-2016*|
|Arizona State University||4-year, Public||Tempe, Arizona||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.||In state: $10,158, out of state: $25,458|
|Miami Dade College||4-year, Public||Miami, Florida||Associate, certificate||In state: $2,834, out of state: $9,661|
|Ohio State University||4-year, Public||Columbus, Ohio||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.||In state: $10,037, out of state: $27,365|
|University of Florida||4-year, Public||Gainesville, Florida||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.||In state: $6,381, out of state: $28,659|
|University of Minnesota-Twin Cities||4-year, Public||Minneapolis, Minnesota||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.||In state $13,790, out of state: $22,210|
|University of Central Florida||4-year, Public||Orlando, Florida||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.||In state $6,368, out of state: $22,467|
|The University of Texas at Austin||4-year, Public||Austin, Texas||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.||In state: $9,806, out of state: $34,676|
|Texas A & M University||4-year, Public||College Station, Texas||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.||In state: $10,176, out of state: $28,768|
|Michigan State University||4-year, Public||East Lansing, Michigan||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.||In state: $13,560, out of state: $36,360|
|University of South Florida||4-year, Public||Tampa, Florida||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.||In state: $6,410, out of state: $17,324|
*Source : National Center for Education Statistics
School Selection Criteria
When looking for mortgage schools, it's important to consider how the program will help you attain a specific career in the field:
- When selecting a school for mortgage training, a candidate should consider their career goals in the industry. Various programs have different concentrations.
- A mortgage program should prepare students for license testing and provide the necessary skills for entry-level employment.
- Individuals already holding a degree can advance their education through graduate degree programs in real estate finance.
Students have many schools to choose from to pursue a bachelor's, master's and/or or doctoral degree related to mortgage banking. In selecting, students should keep their specific goals and licensure preparation in mind.