Students in Moscow, ID, can choose from 3 traditional schools within 70 miles. To help students make an informed choice, this article compares the 3 schools in a few categories, based on data presented by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Moscow, Idaho
Though traditional schools are uncommon in the Moscow area, two of the three schools are less than 25 miles from downtown. All three schools are public institutions.
- University of Idaho (1.4 miles from downtown)
- Lewis-Clark State College (23.4 miles from downtown)
- North Idaho College (66.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Moscow, Idaho
The traditional schools near Moscow range in size from a few thousand students to over 10,000 students. The University of Idaho is the only large school that offers graduate level degree programs, as well as undergraduate.
- University of Idaho (11,702 students)
- North Idaho College (5,768 students)
- Lewis-Clark State College (4,304 students)
Lowest Net Price
Average net price statistics are calculated by the NCES through subtracting the average amount of financial aid given to in-state full-time undergraduate students from a school's total cost of attendance. Net prices in the Moscow area range from slightly more than $6,000 to nearly $22,000 for 2014-2015.
- North Idaho College ($6,287)
- University of Idaho ($13,709)
- Lewis-Clark State College ($14,881)
Highest Graduation Rate
In order to determine a school's overall graduation rate, the NCES finds the percentage of full-time undergrad students who were able to finish their programs within 150% of the 'normal time' (e.g. 6 years for a bachelor's degree). All of the schools in the Moscow area had overall graduation rates higher than 20%, for 2015.
- University of Idaho (57% graduation rate)
- Lewis-Clark State College (30% graduation rate)
- North Idaho College (22% graduation rate)
The three traditional public schools near Moscow, ID (University of Idaho, Lewis-Clark State College, and North Idaho College) vary in location, size, price, and graduation rates, and checking this information can help a student find the school that is best for them.