Discover some of your options for public and private non-profit schools near Mount Prospect, Illinois. Gain knowledge about their net costs, student populations, and rates of graduation, with all data culled from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Mount Prospect, Illinois
You can find at least three non-specialty schools that are eight miles or less from the downtown area. Two additional colleges can be found between 10 and 11 miles from downtown. If you are interested in studying close to Mount Prospect, consider these schools:
- Oakton Community College (located 2.5 miles from downtown)
- William Rainey Harper College (located 6.7 miles from downtown)
- Trinity International University - Illinois (located 8.0 miles from downtown)
- City Colleges of Chicago - Wilbur Wright College (located 10.6 miles from downtown)
- Triton College (located 10.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Mount Prospect, Illinois
Four of the five schools near Mount Prospect with the most students in 2018 were universities. Three of those universities are within a 20-mile radius of downtown. If you prefer to study in a larger school, look into these options:
- University of Illinois at Chicago (31,683 students; 20,783 undergraduates)
- College of DuPage (24,900 students, all undergraduates)
- DePaul University (22,437 students; 14,507 undergraduates)
- Northwestern University (22,127 students; 8,642 undergraduates)
- Loyola University Chicago (17,007 students; 11,919 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
To find net prices, the NCES subtracts the average financial aid given to full-time undergraduates from their total program cost. Five non-specialty colleges had the lowest net prices in the area for 2018-2019. These five schools are all less than 20 miles from downtown.
- Morton College ($4,475)
- Elgin Community College ($4,565)
- College of Lake County ($4,003)
- Triton College ($5,396)
- Oakton Community College ($6,341)
Highest Graduation Rates
To calculate graduation rates, the NCES determines the number of full-time undergraduates who complete their studies within 150% of the normal amount of time. Three schools within 17 miles of downtown had the highest rates for students who started in the fall of 2013. Three of those institutions had more than 17,000 students enrolled in 2018.
- Northwestern University (94% graduation rate)
- Wheaton College (89% graduation rate)
- Loyola University Chicago (74% graduation rate)
- Illinois Institute of Technology (70% graduation rate)
- DePaul University (74% graduation rate)
There are numerous public and private non-profit schools to consider near Mount Prospect if you are looking for institutions with strong graduation rates, many students, and low costs.