The majority of schools in and near Murfreesboro, TN, are for-profit schools offering vocational training, leaving few schools with a wider variety of programs and degree options. These few traditional schools are compared here in several categories from data provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Murfreesboro, Tennessee
A few of the traditional schools are located in Murfreesboro, less than 10 miles from downtown. Most of the closest schools are 2-year (or less) institutions, although some 4-year schools are available.
- Middle Tennessee State University (5.5 miles from downtown)
- Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro (7.4 miles from downtown)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Murfreesboro (8.9 miles from downtown)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Shelbyville (22.2 miles from downtown)
- Motlow College (28.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Most of the schools near Murfreesboro are relatively small, with less than 1,000 students. The larger institutions are public schools.
- Middle Tennessee State University (22,729 students)
- Motlow College (4,758 students)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Shelbyville (468 students)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Murfreesboro (361 students)
- Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro (131 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
In order to find a school's net price, the NCES takes the total cost of attendance and subtracts the average amount of institutional or government aid for a full-time undergraduate. The NCES reported the average net prices ranging from about $6,000 to $23,000, for schools around Murfreesboro in 2014-2015.
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Shelbyville ($5,901)
- Motlow College ($8,307)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Murfreesboro ($10,704)
- Middle Tennessee State University ($11,000)
- Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro ($22,729)
Highest Graduation Rates
Prospective students will be interested to note that most schools in the Murfreesboro, TN, area have graduation rates of 50% or above for 2015. The NCES arrives at a school's overall graduation rate by calculating the percentage of first-time, full-time students who finish a program within 150% of the estimated 'normal' time for completion.
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Murfreesboro (72% graduation rate)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Shelbyville (67% graduation rate)
- Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro (55% graduation rate)
- Middle Tennessee State University (44% graduation rate)
- Motlow College (20% graduation rate)
Students wanting to attend school near Murfreesboro, TN, can choose from a handful of public and private institutions that provide variation in graduation rates, affordability, student population size, and location.