Outside of the 4-year public university located directly in Nacogdoches, TX, students will find a few more colleges in the area. When choosing among these institutions, students might consider such factors as cost and student population sizes, which we compare, along with some other categories, using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Nacogdoches, Texas
The handful of traditional schools that are closest to Nacogdoches are almost entirely public institutions. A few of these schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Stephen F Austin State University (located downtown)
- Angelina College (22 miles from downtown)
- Panola College (41.9 miles from downtown)
- Kilgore College (55.6 miles from downtown)
- LeTourneau University (59.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Nacogdoches, Texas
The Nacogdoches area offers several schools with greater than 1,000 students, for students looking to attend a larger school. The larger schools near Nacogdoches are a good mix of 2-year and 4-year institutions.
- Stephen F Austin State University (12,801 students)
- Tyler Junior College (11,168 students)
- The University of Texas at Tyler (8,036 students)
- Kilgore College (5,768 students)
- Angelina College (5,148 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's average net cost by subtracting the average amount of financial aid a full-time undergrad student receives, whether granted by the government or the school, from the total cost to attend the school. In the region surrounding Nacogdoches, net costs for all schools (including specialty schools) start at about $5,900 to upwards of $23,000 for 2014-2015, according to data provided by the NCES.
- Kilgore College ($5,926)
- Panola College ($7,107)
- Angelina College ($7,994)
- Tyler Junior College ($8,494)
- Texas College ($12,212)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES' report of overall graduation rates for a school is determined by the number of full-time undergraduate students who finished their program within the 'normal amount of time'. 'Normal time' is defined as completing a program within 150% of the time usually required to complete that program. Very few of the traditional schools within a 50-mile radius of Nacogdoches had a graduation rate of 40% or higher for 2015.
- LeTourneau University (57% graduation rate)
- Stephen F Austin State University (41% graduation rate)
- The University of Texas at Tyler (41% graduation rate)
- Panola College (23% graduation rate)
- Kilgore College (20% graduation rate)
The Nacogdoches, TX, area offers 2-year and 4-year public and private institutions that vary in location, size, price, and graduation rates to meet the needs of different students.