Nampa-area students searching for the right college have a few options to choose from, including hair design schools and for-profit universities. We compare and contrast the traditional schools to help students see if any meet their educational needs using information gathered by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Nampa, Idaho
Students looking to stay close to Nampa have a fairly even selection of 2-year and 4-year schools to choose from. Of the schools closest to downtown Nampa, most are private institutions.
- College of Western Idaho (2.8 miles from downtown)
- Northwest Nazarene University (3.6 miles from downtown)
- The College of Idaho (8.3 miles from downtown)
- Broadview University-Boise (9.8 miles from downtown)
- University of Phoenix-Idaho (9.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Nampa, Idaho
Since the schools in the Nampa area are located in small cities, small suburbs or rural areas, students can expect relatively small student populations. According to the NCES, nearby schools had between 42 and 22,227 students enrolled.
- Boise State University (22,227 students)
- College of Western Idaho (10,217 students)
- Northwest Nazarene University (2,249 students)
- The College of Idaho (1,144 students)
- Brown Mackie College-Boise (356 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid that full-time undergrad students are given from the total cost of attending the school. Featured below are the public and private schools that posted some of the lowest net prices in the Nampa area for 2014-2015.
- College of Western Idaho ($6,325)
- Boise State University ($11,571)
- Broadview University-Boise ($18,535)
- Brown Mackie College-Boise ($19,164)
- The College of Idaho ($19,727)
Highest Graduation Rate
Often graduation rates can be used as a measure of student success that prospective students may be interested in comparing. The NCES calculates graduation rates based on full-time undergraduate students completing their program within 150% of the 'normal' time (i.e. six years for a bachelor's degree). Nampa area schools ranged from 12% to 96% for 2015.
- The College of Idaho (68% graduation rate)
- Northwest Nazarene University (49% graduation rate)
- Stevens-Henager College (41% graduation rate)
- Boise State University (39% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Boise (36% graduation rate)
There are several public and private institutions in the Nampa, ID, area that vary in location, size, price, and graduation rates to help students find the right school for them.