In this article, students can learn more about the public or private institutions in the greater Naples region, including mainly technical schools and 4-year colleges and universities. These institutions are then compared by proximity, size, cost and graduation rate based on data obtained from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Schools Closest to Naples, Florida
Prospective students living in Naples may need to travel outside the city limits for their college education - many of the schools nearby are roughly 30 miles away. Schools within 50 miles of Naples include both public and private, two-year and four-year institutions offering traditional academic programs. For those looking for the closest options, you will find them here:
- Hodges University (9.6 miles)
- Florida SouthWestern State College (29.7 miles)
- Southern Technical College (29.9 miles)
- Florid Gulf Coast University (32.4 miles)
- Ave Maria University (32.7 miles)
Largest Schools Near Naples, Florida
Two public and three private schools make up the list for the largest schools. You will notice a large drop off from the two largest schools to the next largest which may be due to the fact that the two largest are both public schools.
- Florida SouthWestern State College (15,389)
- Florida Gulf Coast University (14,473)
- Hodges University (1,892)
- Southern Technical College (1,259)
- Ave Maria University (1,081)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Schools within a 50-mile radius of Naples have a wide range of net prices, from less than $8,000 to more than $23,000. The NCES defines a school's net price as the total cost of attendance less average financial aid received by students. The following schools are the least expensive in the area, per NCES statistics for the 2014-2015 school year for full-time undergraduates.
- Florida SouthWestern State College ($7,624)
- Florida Gulf Coast University ($13,771)
- Southern Technical College ($15,554)
- Hodges University ($17,920)
- Ave Maria University ($18,800)
Highest Graduation Rates
According to the NCES, a school's overall graduation rate is the percentage of students who are able to complete their studies within 150% of the normal time required by their chosen programs. The following schools have the highest graduation rates within a 50-mile radius of Naples for traditional schools.
- Ave Maria University (51%)
- Florida Gulf Coast University (43%)
- Southern Technical College (39%)
- Florida SouthWestern State College (32%)
- Hodges University (30%)
Although there are not many traditional school options in the expanded Naples area, there are several schools that could meet your needs based on criteria and data from NCES.