There are numerous options near Norcross, Georgia, for prospective college students, with the vast majority being private for-profit schools. We focus on comparing traditional schools with multiple fields of study, using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Norcross, Georgia
Some students may wish to attend school near home or a place of work. For students wanting to go to school close to Norcross, the closest schools are primarily 2-year (or less) institutions.
- Georgia Christian University (4.5 miles from downtown)
- Interactive College of Technology-Chamblee (6.5 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-Georgia (6.5 miles from downtown)
- Gwinnett College-Lilburn (6.7 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Duluth (7.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Norcross, Georgia
The majority of the larger schools near Norcross are public institutions. Many of these larger 4-year schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Kennesaw State University (33,252 students)
- Georgia State University (32,058 students)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (25,034 students)
- Georgia Perimeter College (21,088 students)
- Emory University (13,788 students)
Lowest Net Price
Norcross has a few options for colleges and universities with net prices below $10,000, per the NCES for 2014-2015. The NCES calculates a school's net price by taking the average financial aid award and subtracting from the average annual attendance costs for a full-time undergrad.
- Chattahoochee Technical College ($2,894)
- Atlanta Technical College ($2,948)
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College ($4,192)
- Georgia Perimeter College ($6,285)
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College ($7,695)
Highest Graduation Rates
The graduation rates used by the NCES look at the full-time undergraduate students who finished their programs within 150% of the normal time. This is a 6-year time frame for 4-year bachelor's degrees. The Norcross area provides multiple schools with graduation rates of 50% or greater for 2015.
- Emory University (89% graduation rate)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (85% graduation rate)
- Spelman College (76% graduation rate)
- Agnes Scott College (68% graduation rate)
- Georgia State University (54% graduation rate)
The Norcross, GA, area offers students multiple locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates for both public and private institutions.