Aspiring students in the Norristown, Pennsylvania area have over a hundred schools to choose from. To narrow down the choices, it can be helpful to examine data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Norristown, Pennsylvania
Although there are no non-specialty schools in Norristown, Pennsylvania, it is located within the Philadelphia metropolitan area so there are many colleges and universities nearby. The five closest institutions are only a short drive from Norristown.
- Montgomery County Community College (3.7 miles away)
- Gwynedd Mercy University (5.6 miles away)
- Cabrini University (6.7 miles away)
- Eastern University (6.7 miles away)
- Ursinus College (6.8 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Norristown, Pennsylvania
Do you envision yourself thriving at a large university? There are three institutions in the Norristown area with more than twenty-thousand students. Take a look at the schools with the largest student bodies, according to the NCES.
- Temple University (38,007 students)
- Drexel University (25,595 students)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,876 students)
- Community College of Philadelphia (18,966 students)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (16,597 students)
Lowest Net Price
When determining the net price for a school, the NCES subtracts the average amount of financial aid a student receives from the annual cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. As of the 2014-2015 school year, four of the five most affordable colleges in the Norristown area are community colleges.
- Community College of Philadelphia ($6,442 per year)
- Delaware County Community College ($6,686 per year)
- Bucks County Community College ($7,646 per year)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Abington ($12,351)
Highest Graduation Rate
Looking at graduation rates can help you determine which Norristown-area schools provide the highest quality learning environments for their students. The NCES reports graduation rates based on the proportion of full-time undergraduates who finished their academic programs within 150% of the normal completion time. Check out the five schools that had the highest rates, according to data from students who finished in 2015.
- University of Pennsylvania (95%)
- Swarthmore College (94%)
- Haverford College (90%)
- Villanova University (90%)
- Bryn Mawr College (85%)
While there are no traditional schools in Norristown, Pennsylvania, aspiring students can choose from a wide range of colleges and universities nearby.