Post-secondary education options surrounding North Kansas City, Missouri, include four-year and two-year institutions. Based on information from the National Center for Education Statistics, you can compare the schools' proximity, student population, net price, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to North Kansas City, Missouri
All of the institutions nearest to North Kansas City, Missouri offer certificate programs and undergraduate degrees. Those located within 10 miles of the city include:
- Vatterott College-Kansas City (2.4 miles)
- Metropolitan Community College-Kansas City (7.1 miles)
- Rockhurst University (8.5 miles)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (8.5 miles)
- Park University (9.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near North Kansas City, Missouri
The school with the largest student population near North Kansas City, Missouri, is a 2-year public college, Metropolitan Community College-Kansas City. In Fall 2014, it had a total student population of 18,222, all of whom were undergraduates. On the contrary, other large schools located in the area are predominantly 4-year private not-for-profit universities and college.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (16,146 students: 10,453 undergraduates)
- Park University (10,792 students: 9,892 undergraduates)
- Rockhurst University (3,002 students: 2,276 undergraduates)
- Avila University (1,907 students: 1,407 undergraduates)
- William Jewell College (1,060 students: 1,043 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Schools with Lowest Net Price
Average net prices reported by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) are determined by a formula that takes into account in-state or in-district tuition rates, enrollment fees, textbooks and other educational expenses as well as an average amount of awarded financial aid to full-time undergraduate students. According to the NCES, the institutions that follow had the lowest 2014-2015 net prices which do not exceed $20,000.
- Metropolitan Community College-Kansas City ($7,347)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City ($14,197)
- Park University ($15,510)
- Vatterott College-Kansas City ($18,418)
- Avila University ($19,539)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
According to the NCES, the universities below have the highest graduation rates in 2014. These figures are determined from data on full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of normal time.
- Rockhurst University (71%)
- William Jewell College (62%)
- Avila University (55%)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (50%)
- Park University (43%)
Depending on your needs and priorities, there are several options where you can pursue your studies nearby North Kansas City, Missouri.