Norwood, Ohio, has numerous colleges and universities in the area that students should consider. The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) gives important information to look at when choosing a school such as location, size, cost, and graduation rate.
Closest Schools to Norwood, Ohio
Location can help students decide if a school is the right choice for them. The five closest schools to downtown Norwood are all within about 3 miles. Two of those schools are located downtown. All five of the closest schools are private.
- ITT Technical Institute-Norwood (located downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-West Chester (located downtown)
- Xavier University (1.8 miles from downtown)
- American National University-Cincinnati (1.9 miles from downtown)
- Union Institute & University (3.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Norwood, Ohio
Students who are looking for larger schools might consider these schools. The largest five schools near Norwood vary in size with the largest being about 36,000 students and the smallest of the five having about 3,000. Four of these schools are public schools. Take a look at these schools near Norwood, Ohio, that have the largest student population size:
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus (36,042 students)
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College (9,630 students)
- Xavier University (6,260 students)
- University of Cincinnati-Blue Ash College (5,065 students)
- University of Cincinnati-Clermont College (3,099 students)
Lowest Net Price
Cost of attendance is important to consider when choosing a school. Net price is used to see the cost of colleges and universities for full-time undergraduate students for the 2014-2015 school year. Four out of the five schools with the lowest net price are public schools. The school with the lowest net price is a 2-year college as the others are all 4-year universities.
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College ($5,915)
- Miami University-Hamilton ($10,270)
- University of Cincinnati-Clermont College ($11,463)
- University of Cincinnati-Blue Ash College ($11,692)
- Mount Saint Joseph University ($18,140)
Highest Graduation Rate
By taking a look at the graduation rate of a school, students can see how many undergraduate students actually complete their degree program within 150% of the normal time. The two schools with the highest graduation rates near Norwood are 2-year public schools. The other three are 4-year universities. The following five schools have the highest graduation rate as of 2015.
- Warren County Career Center (87% graduation rate)
- Great Oaks Career Campuses (83% graduation rate)
- Xavier University (74% graduation rate)
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus (62% graduation rate)
- Mount Saint Joseph University (51% graduation rate)
In conclusion, students considering schools near Norwood, Ohio, should take a look at these important factors when choosing a college or university.