Nutley-area students seeking the right college have quite a few options in New Jersey and nearby New York. There is an extensive list of public and private institutions, offering programs ranging from certificates to doctorate degrees. With so many options to choose from, it is imperative that prospective students weigh several different evaluation criteria using data from the National Center of Education Statistics (NCES).
Schools Close to Nutley, New Jersey
There are a number of school options within a short driving distance from Nutley. These schools provide a good mix of 2 and 4-year colleges, both public and privately-owned. Below is a list of the 5 schools closest to Nutley:
- Bloomfield College (1.6 miles away)
- Montclair State University (2.7 miles away)
- Berkeley College-Woodland Park (5.6 miles away)
- Essex County College (5.9 miles away)
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (5.9 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Nutley, New Jersey
While there is only one school near Nutley with more than 20,000 total students, there are 8 additional schools with over 10,000. The Nutley area offers several different types of schools with large student bodies, including both community colleges and state universities. Below are the 5 largest schools near Nutley:
- Montclair State University (20,465 total students)
- Bergen Community College (14,585 total students)
- Kean University (14,112 total students)
- Rutgers University-Newark (11,720 total students)
- Middlesex County College (11,662 total students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the net price of a school by subtracting the average amount of financial aid that full-time students receive from the total cost to attend the school. The 5 schools in the Nutley, New Jersey area with the lowest net price range from $4,000 to almost $7,000.
- Union County College ($4,102)
- Bergen Community College ($6,187)
- Hudson County Community College ($6,791)
- Middlesex County College ($6,832)
- County College of Morris ($6,858)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES determines the graduation rate for a school by determining the number of full-time students that graduate from a degree program within 150% of the normal time it takes to complete the program. The five schools below have the highest graduation rates in the Nutley, New Jersey area, ranging from 66% to 82%.
- Stevens Institute of Technology (82% graduation rate)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey (74% graduation rate)
- Rutgers University-Newark (68% graduation rate)
- Drew University (67% graduation rate)
- Montclair State University (66% graduation rate)
Considering that the Nutley area has such a robust number of school options, it is highly encouraged that prospective students place heavy weight on these factors such as; price, location, size, and graduation rate.