O'Fallon, MO, has several colleges and universities nearby, including community colleges, smaller universities and state universities. To help students choose the right school, this article compares only the traditional public and private, not-for-profit schools' distance to O'Fallon, their size, their net price and graduation rate.
Closest Schools to O'Fallon, Missouri
Sometimes it's convenient to have a school that isn't too far from home, but if you are in the O'Fallon area you are probably going to have a commute. Of the five closest schools, three are more than 19 miles away. The closest school is a 2-year public institution.
- St Charles Community College (6.6 miles)
- Lindenwood University (14 miles)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis (19.1 miles)
- Missouri Baptist University (19.1 miles)
- University of Missouri-St Louis (24.5 miles)
Largest Schools Near O'Fallon, Missouri
Larger schools often provide greater opportunities, and three of the largest schools offer both undergraduate and graduate programs. See the five largest schools that are a mix of both public and private options below:
- University of Missouri-St Louis (16,738 enrolled students)
- Washington University in St Louis (14,688 enrolled students)
- Lindenwood University (11,620 enrolled students)
- St Charles Community College (6,865 enrolled students)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis (6,414 enrolled students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Schools with Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates an estimated net price for attending different schools around the country. This statistic takes into account tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, board and other costs, then subtracts the average amount of financial aid given to full-time undergraduate students. All net price statistics listed below are from the NCES and are based on the 2014-15 school year.
- St Charles Community College ($3,777)
- University of Missouri-St Louis ($8,158)
- Missouri Baptist University ($19,294)
- Lindenwood University ($21,906)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis ($25,160)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rates and retention rates are one indication of the level of student satisfaction at a particular school. The NCES measures graduation rates by researching the number of undergraduate students who graduate from their college within 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete their program (for example, 150% of normal time for a bachelor's degree is six years). Three private, 4-year universities in the O'Fallon area are the leaders in this category. All statistics stated below are reported by the NCES for students who began their studies in fall 2009.
- Washington University in St Louis (93% graduation rate)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis (71% graduation rate)
- Lindenwood University (49% graduation rate)
- University of Missouri-St Louis (41% graduation rate)
- Missouri Baptist University (38% graduation rate)
All in all, students in the O'Fallon area may have a longer commute to school, but they can definitely find universities with large enrollment numbers and graduation rates close to 50% and higher within a 25 mile radius.