There are almost 100 schools within 25 miles of Oak Lawn. These Oak Lawn-area institutions are sorted in several categories based on information obtained from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Oak Lawn, Illinois
The greater Oak Lawn, IL, region is home to plenty of postsecondary schools. We pay particular attention to private and public colleges and universities in this article, for the benefit of aspiring students interested in the traditional collegiate experience. The five schools below are within five miles of downtown Oak Lawn:
- Kendall College (2.0 miles)
- St. Xavier University (2.9 miles)
- City Colleges of Chicago - Richard J. Daley College (2.9 miles)
- Moraine Valley Community College (3.9 miles)
- Trinity Christian College (4.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near Oak Lawn, Illinois
Larger schools can offer more program variety and extracurricular activity options given a larger student population. The following three private and two public schools offer the largest student enrollment in the area for more traditional schools.
- College of DuPage (29,476)
- University of Illinois at Chicago (27,969)
- DeVry University - Illinois (24,220)
- DePaul University (23,799)
- Northwestern University (21,554)
Lowest Net Price
NCES determines the net price for a school by subtracting the amount of average grant and scholarship aid students receive from the total cost to attend the institution. Net prices for traditional schools in this area topped out at nearly $33,000 in 2014-2015, according to NCES data for full-time undergraduates. The five schools below had the lowest net price of the non-specialized, public or private schools in the Oak Lawn area, as reported by NCES.
- Morton College ($3,999)
- Moraine Valley Community College ($4,573)
- South Suburban College ($4,608)
- Joliet Junior College ($4,856)
- Triton College ($5,274)
Highest Graduation Rates
NCES reports overall graduation rates based on the percentage of students who complete a degree program within 150% of the normal time it takes to finish. Students considering schools near Oak Lawn will find that graduation rates vary greatly, with several schools reporting rates of 20% and below. The five schools below have higher graduation rates, comparatively, for students who started in 2009, of the non-specialized and public or private schools within 25 miles of Oak Lawn, Illinois.
- Northwestern University (93%)
- University of Chicago (92%)
- Wheaton College (89%)
- Fox College (84%)
- Loyola University Chicago (74%)
You can see that in terms of proximity to Oak Lawn, school size, tuition costs and graduation rates at the aforementioned schools are worth taking a look at if you're searching for schools in your area.