In this article, students can read about the more traditional 2-year and 4-year colleges and universities in the Oakdale area. To help readers get a better idea of which schools are potentially the best fit, we categorize options based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Oakdale, Pennsylvania
There is no shortage of postsecondary training options in the greater Oakdale, PA, region. Students living in and around Oakdale can pursue an education at specialized healthcare schools, private universities, career training centers, community colleges and more. Within 25 miles of Oakdale are 36 schools, with the five closest listed here:
- Pittsburg Technical Institute (0.0 miles)
- Robert Morris University (6.5 miles)
- Community College of Allegheny County (9.2 miles)
- Duquesne University (10.6 miles)
- Point Park University (10.9 miles)
Largest Schools Near Oakdale, Pennsylvania
The following four 4-year schools and one 2-year school offer the largest enrollment in the area for students looking for larger Oakdale area schools. Student population for larger schools ranges from around 5,600 to more than 28,600 in total student enrollment.
- University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus (28,617)
- Community College of Allegheny County (17,153)
- Carnegie Mellon University (12,587)
- Duquesne University (9,648)
- Robert Morris University (5,555)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates schools' net prices by determining how much beginning, undergraduate students who attend full-time pay and then subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by such students. The NCES-sourced numbers are discussed below for the five Oakdale area public or private schools with the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Community College of Allegheny County ($5,558)
- Community College of Beaver County ($8,111)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny ($15,929)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver ($16,171)
- Carlow University ($18,817)
Highest Graduation Rates
The schools' overall graduation rates, as determined by the NCES, reflects the percentage of full-time, first-time students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal time allotted, such as finishing a 2-year associate's degree in three years or a 4-year bachelor's degree program in six years. Based on the NCES statistics related to graduation rates, these are the five traditional Oakdale area schools with the greatest percentage of undergraduate students starting in fall 2009 and completing their programs within 150% of normal time.
- Carnegie Mellon University (88%)
- University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus (82%)
- Washington and Jefferson College (75%)
- Duquesne University (74%)
- Point Park University (58%)
Based on data from NCES reflecting the closest schools to Oakdale, school size, graduation rates and costs, you can find institutions that meet your needs based on the most important criteria to you.