While there are no schools located within the city limits of Oakland Park, FL, the surrounding area is home to many non-specialty postsecondary institutions, such as community colleges and universities. With a myriad of colleges available in the area, students are encouraged to review data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and prioritize evaluation criteria such as school size, location, graduation rate, and net price.
Schools Closest to Oakland Park, Florida
While prospective students will not find a school inside the city limits of Oakland Park, there are a number of schools within driving distance. Three of the top 5 closest schools are 4-year institutions that are privately owned. Below are the 5 schools closest to Oakland Park.
- Broward College (1.2 miles away)
- City College-Fort Lauderdale (4.4 miles away)
- Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale (4.4 miles away)
- William T McFatter Technical College (6.3 miles away)
- University of Fort Lauderdale (6.4 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Oakland Park, Florida
There are a few very large schools near Oakland Park, with the top 5 ranging from 16,500 to 62,500 total students, including three public schools enrolling the most students in the area. Here is a list of the 5 largest schools near Oakland Park:
- Miami Dade College (62,332 total students)
- Broward College (43,078 total students)
- Florida Atlantic University (30,380 total students)
- Nova Southeastern University (23,236 total students)
- Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale (16,579 total students)
Lowest Net Price
NCES calculates the average net price by subtracting the average financial aid received by a school's full-time students from the total cost of attending that school. The net prices of the schools below apply to the 2014-2015 academic year and range from $8,600 to $15,000.
- Broward College ($8,622)
- Miami Dade College ($8,829)
- William T McFatter Technical College ($9,405)
- Florida Atlantic University ($12,177)
- Florida Memorial University ($14,969)
Highest Graduation Rate
NCES calculates an overall graduation rate indicating the percentage of full-time students who finish their program within 150% of the 'normal' time (e.g., six years for bachelor's degrees and three years for associate's degrees). The colleges and universities listed below have graduation rates ranging from 49% to 68% and represent the area's top 5 schools with the highest graduation rates.
- Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale (68% graduation rate)
- William T McFatter Technical College (63% graduation rate)
- Everest University-Pompano Beach (52% graduation rate)
- Florida Atlantic University (49% graduation rate)
- City College - Fort Lauderdale (49% graduation rate)
With a number of different non-specialty schools to consider in the Oakland Park, FL, area, prospective students should carefully review important factors before deciding where to study, including, price, graduation rate, size, and location, to make the best selection.