Students looking to the Okmulgee area for a school may find themselves with limited options, but they can still find the right school for them. We will focus on some of the traditional schools in or near Okmulgee and compare them using statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Okmulgee, Oklahoma
A lot of the closest schools to Okmulgee are less than 2-year schools. There are no schools less than 33 miles from downtown Okmulgee that offer graduate degree programs.
- College of the Muscogee Nation (located downtown)
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology (located downtown)
- National American University-Tulsa (29.7 miles from downtown)
- Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside Campus (30.2 miles from downtown)
- Tulsa Technology Center-Broken Arrow Campus (30.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Okmulgee, Oklahoma
Students looking for larger institutions have few options as Okmulgee and the surrounding area only has two schools with more than 1,000 students. The majority of the bigger schools in the area are public institutions.
- Tulsa Community College (17,160 students)
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology (2,617 students)
- Tulsa Technology Center-Broken Arrow Campus (653 students)
- Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside Campus (649 students)
- Community Care College (633 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES defines a school's average net price as the total cost of attendance less the average amount of financial assistance received from government or institutional sources for full-time undergraduates. In terms of net cost, Okmulgee-area schools (including specialty schools) have net prices ranging from just over $4,000 to more than $29,000 a year, according to 2014-2015 data from the NCES.
- Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside Campus ($5,023)
- Tulsa Community College ($5,685)
- Tulsa Technology Center-Broken Arrow Campus ($8,770)
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology ($9,017)
- Green Country Technology Center ($9,954)
Highest Graduation Rate
Overall graduation rates for Okmulgee-region schools (including specialty schools) range from 13% to 87% for 2015. The NCES defines an institution's overall graduation rate as the percentage of full-time undergrad students who are able to graduate within 150% of the typical time required by their respective programs.
- Green Country Technology Center (87% graduation rate)
- Tulsa Technology Center-Lemley Campus (82% graduation rate)
- Tulsa Technology Center-Broken Arrow Campus (80% graduation rate)
- Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside Campus (75% graduation rate)
- Community Care College (67% graduation rate)
There are several 2-year (or less) and 4-year traditional institutions near Okmulgee, OK, that offer an array of graduation rates, prices, sizes, and locations to meet the educational needs and preferences of future students.