Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Cellular Biology and Histology
- Embryology and Developmental Biology
Online Anatomy Course
In an online anatomy course, students are introduced to human body systems and structural features. They learn about aspects of the upper limbs, lower limbs, head, neck, thorax, abdomen and pelvis. Some schools offer programs that are specifically intended for future health professionals, which emphasize the clinical aspects of anatomy.
Many of these classes can be completed entirely online through course delivery systems that enable students to access video lectures, submit assignments and communicate with their professors. Even the lab assignments can be completed via distance education, thanks to interactive software programs that include detailed images of the organs and body systems being discussed or lab kits that allow students to complete assignments at home.
Online anatomy courses may be included within degree and certificate programs in health and science-related subjects. Sometimes, students need to have completed prerequisite coursework before enrolling in an online anatomy class, such as a college-level biology course. It is important to note that even though the anatomy course may be completed entirely online, the overall program may require students to fulfill lab or clinical training requirements either on-campus or at approved sites near their homes. Here are some online educational programs that may include courses in anatomy:
- Emergency Medical Services/Paramedic
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Radiologic Technologist
These colleges and universities offer online anatomy courses:
- Colorado State University (Fort Collins, CO)
- University of New England (Biddeford, ME)
- Oregon Institute of Technology (Klamath Falls, OR)
- Mayville State University (Mayville, ND)
- West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
Students who want to take an online course in anatomy can find a relevant offering through schools around the country. Often, anatomy courses are included within broader educational programs.