Online Plumbing Continuing Education Courses
Here are some online continuing education courses for plumbers:
- Electrical Basics for Plumbers: In this course, plumbers learn about fundamental electrical concepts as they relate to plumbing work. Topics include electrical theory, plumbing applications, government regulations and electrical safety.
- Plumber Safety: This course reviews the health and safety risks that plumbers face on a daily basis, including hazardous substances, environmental exposure, flammable materials and physical injury risks.
- Statewide Codes: Plumbers in this course have the opportunity to review all legal regulations related to plumbing technology and practices, including the latest updates. Depending on the state, topics can include minimum fixture requirements, lead-free rules and required fees.
- Rainwater Harvesting:: In this course, plumbers are introduced to the practice of rainwater harvesting and the components of harvesting systems. Courses may also include state-specific information about harvesting regulations.
- Drains, Vents & Indirect Piping: This course focuses on the plumbing of sewage and sanitation systems. In addition to basic plumbing principles and requirements, plumbers learn about sanitary drain systems, private interceptor main sewers and building drains and sewers.
After plumbers receive training and pass a licensing exam, continuing education courses are often required periodically by state law to renew their license. Additionally, a plumber may want to go back to school to refresh his or her skills and knowledge of the trade. Online continuing education courses may be found at both 2-year community colleges and private, for-profit vocational institutes. These online courses are typically self-paced and can be completed entirely online. Many schools offer open enrollment, so students can start whenever they wish. Once individuals complete all learning modules and pass the necessary tests for the class, they can receive an award of completion that may count towards license renewal.
Online continuing education courses for plumbers are typically individual, standalone courses. Topics include rainwater harvesting, codes for plumbing systems and safety.