Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Business Marketing Operations
- Fashion Merchandising
- Hospitality Marketing Operations
- Insurance, General
- Marketing for Apparel and Accessories
- Marketing for Travel and Tourism Operations
- Real Estate Sales, Appraisal, and Finance
- Special Product Marketing
- Tourism Promotion Operations
- Vehicle and Vehicle Parts Marketing
Online Courses Related to Insurance
Below are descriptions of some common online classes in insurance.
- Health Insurance Course: The course includes an overview of what health insurance plans cover and techniques for tailoring a plan to an individual client. This training prepares individuals to work for a health insurance company or to sell health insurance coverage.
- Life Insurance Course: Through this course, students gain experience writing life insurance contracts. They study variable annuity concepts, including double indemnity policies. They also learn about the different types of life insurance policies.
- Property Insurance Course: This course covers the type of personal property insurance available to cover things like homes, automobiles and personal property. Students learn how to assess property value and write insurance contracts that will cover the entire value of the property.
- Disability Insurance Course: Students examine the way disability insurance works, the circumstances under which it is or is not provided and how to write a contract for it. They learn reasons why individuals or businesses object to it and how to counter arguments. Likewise, they learn how to modify a contract to suit an individual's needs.
- Principles of Risk Management and Insurance Course: Students in this class gain an understanding of the insurance industry as a whole. They identify and analyze contracts within various fields such as health and property insurance, as well as learn how industry professionals use those contracts in a complex real world environment.
- Ethics Course: An ethics course is usually a mandatory course for insurance agents, whether they are earning a degree or looking for certification. Available online, an ethics class teaches students about the most ethical ways to interact with clients, and various ethical dilemmas that could be encountered in the insurance field.
- Flood Insurance Course: This online course is another topic-specific insurance course. Students can learn the basics of flood insurance and the various types of flood insurance. They can also identify the ways to service and quote these policies.
Insurance courses typically include the major points covered in state insurance licensing exams, the passing of which allows individuals to legally sell and write insurance policies, and can often be found online as standalone courses or part of a larger program. Although some of the prerequisites for insurance types are the same, they all have slight differences that vary depending on the type of insurance an individual is planning to provide. At some schools, students can find fully online certificate, undergraduate degree and graduate degree programs in risk management and insurance.
Students interested in online learning in the field of insurance have plenty of course options to choose from. Many courses are offered that cover generally applicable knowledge, such as an ethics or principles of insurance course. Others, such as property insurance, health insurance, or flood insurance, cover specific types of insurance policies that are important to understand.