Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Business Communications, General
- International Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
Marketing Courses Online
The following overviews describe commonly offered online marketing courses.
- Integrated Marketing Strategies Course: An online course in integrated marketing strategies emphasizes the strategic roles involved in the integration of marketing and communication tools, including event management, sales, advertising, media selection and marketing management.
- Marketing Research Course: A marketing research course introduces students to basic research methodologies and how they apply to the field of marketing. Students are educated in the techniques and methods of analysis, collection and interpretation of consumer and business marketing.
- Sales Tools and Strategies Course: A sales tools and strategies course typically examines the fundamentals of the sales process and the relationship between business and sales objectives. This course focuses on developing goals designed to meet business objectives and adapting to changes in the market place.
- Global Marketing Course: A global marketing course prepares students to create marketing plans specifically tailored to an international organization's global target market. This course typically explores the impact of international politics, economic factors, and cultural trends on marketing, and how to formulate competitive global marketing strategies.
- Digital Marketing Course: An online course in digital marketing focuses on the ways in which traditional marketing strategies can be applied to the digital world. Coursework will explore digital-based marketing campaigns, such as email and web campaigns, as well as the integration of digital and non-digital marketing.
- Sports Marketing Course: This online course looks at how to apply marketing principles to the sports industry specifically. Students can learn about how to tailor marketing concepts to the sports industry, how to identify current trends and problems in the industry, and how to develop strategies based on this research.
Online marketing courses are typically offered as part of undergraduate and graduate certificate and degree programs in marketing, business and related fields. Students commonly learn to organize and plan effective marketing campaigns after determining the public demand for services and products.
Online courses in marketing reflect the breadth of the field and can be completed on their own or as part of a degree or certificate program. Courses can be tailored to specific interest areas, like sports marketing or international marketing, or they can be more generalized and cover fundamental concepts in the field.