Online Courses in Medicine
Below are a few online courses in the medical field:
- General Human Anatomy Course: An online anatomy course gives students an introduction to human anatomy, including various body systems and their functions. The muscular, reproductive, nervous and other systems, as well as their interactions, will be studied.
- Medical Terminology Course: This online course provides an opportunity for students to learn the specialized language and vocabulary of the medical field. Students will learn about terminology related to drugs and medical treatments, and terms encountered in both scholarly and general publications.
- Medical Physiology Course: Online medical physiology courses teach students about human physiology, including the human organ systems. Homeostasis will be covered, as well as cellular chemistry and signaling mechanisms.
- EMT Course: This course serves to enable students to start working as EMTs; it also prepares them for the paramedic course. Students typically have the choice of completing this program as an online/hybrid course of study over 6 months or less. The online portion of the program uses interactive lectures, weekly hour-long online class sessions, computer assignments and electronic textbooks. Students also must attend practical ride-along and in-person skills and testing sessions.
- Paramedic Course: This course prepares students to enter a paramedic program. It contains live and interactive lectures, case studies and exams. Topics include anatomy, pre-hospital pharmacology, physiology and electrophysiology.
Online coursework is available in physiology, medical terminology and emergency medical technology, to name a few areas. Examples of fully and partially online programs include the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, medical transcription certificate and a Master of Science in Nursing Informatics. Some online programs also have on-campus requirements, such as labs or clinical work.
You can find online courses in the medical field through several institutions and in a variety of fields. Whether you are looking to explore paramedic courses or learn about anatomy, online learning is available to you.