Online Courses in Spanish
Below are a number of Spanish courses which can be found online:
- Elementary Spanish I: Designed for students who have taken little or no previous Spanish courses, this online course offered through North Carolina State University helps students communicate using the Spanish language. They will develop speaking, reading and writing skills by having the class conducted entirely in Spanish.
- Elementary Spanish II: This course, offered by North Carolina State University, addresses regular and irregular past tenses and the various morphological aspects of the Spanish language. Emphasis is placed on cultural awareness, as well as oral skills. Laboratory and written exercises are given daily.
- Intermediate Spanish I:Also offered by North Carolina State University, this is the third of four consecutive online Spanish courses. The curriculum focuses on idiomatic spoken Spanish, reading and writing skills and the cultural heritage of Spanish-speaking populations. Written assignments are combined with class practice and laboratory exercises.
- Spanish Language Studies: Special Topics: An advanced course offered through Fayetteville State University, this online course provides focuses on such areas as translation and the history of the Spanish language.
- Survey of Spanish Literature: This online course will expose students to the diverse subject of Spanish literature. Taught entirely in Spanish, the course will span the earliest writings in Spanish to the 18th century.
- Business Spanish I: Consisting of 10 lessons, this course introduces students to working in a professional Spanish environment. Students will write and read emails, video conference and communicate on the phone using the Spanish language.
- Business Spanish II: This 2-module online course helps students develop interviewing and other job-seeking skills and to conduct an extensive research project on a business located in a Spanish-speaking country.
- Introductory Survey of Spanish American Literature: Study various forms of literature and theatrical works from Spanish American countries in this distance learning course.
- Advanced Grammar: Offered as an advanced Spanish class, this online course focuses on grammatical aspects of the written Spanish language. Students will also continue to learn new vocabulary, develop rhetorical styles in Spanish, and become critical readers of the language.
University of North Carolina Online
The University of North Carolina Online's beginning, elementary and intermediate Spanish courses are taught by the same faculty members who teach the campus-based courses. Online graduates receive a degree, with no distinction made between online or on-campus credits. The University of Wisconsin Online's non-credit business Spanish certificates can be completed on the student's own time within one year of starting.
The University of North Carolina Online, a partnership of 16 constituent North Carolina universities, offers more than 300 online programs. Online courses provide ample opportunity for interaction between peers and their instructors through a variety of electronic means.
University of Wisconsin - Madison Online
Online Spanish courses are offered through the Continuing Studies department of the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Spanish courses can be taken in two different programs: Independent Learning and the Business Spanish Certificate program.
The online business certificate program is open to students with one year of previous training in the Spanish language. The curriculum focuses on speaking Spanish within a business context and using appropriate Spanish business etiquette. The non-credit program has two levels: basic and advanced, both of which must be completed in order to receive the certificate. Students can take up to one year to complete each section.
The flexible Independent Learning program lets students learn Spanish online at their own pace. Courses range from beginning to advanced. You can take up to one year to complete a course in this online program. Courses can be taken via distance learning email or online.
Students can take online Spanish courses for college credit or for personal enrichment. Courses are taught using a variety of distance-learning mediums, such as online course management systems, email and online language labs. These types of classes are typically offered at the undergraduate level. Students can take courses as beginners or enroll in more advanced online Spanish courses.
There are a wide range of Spanish course available online to students interested in distance learning. These courses can vary from introductory, intermediate and business Spanish courses to grammar and Spanish language literature topics.