Online Classes Related to Speech
The following is a list of descriptions for online classes related to speech.
- Public Speaking: Students learn how to deliver planned as well as spontaneous speeches. In addition, they examine techniques for informing, demonstrating and persuading audiences with words.
- Advanced Public Speaking: In this course, students focus on giving speeches that integrate persuasion techniques. They study language and learn to refine their speaking skills. Other topics include research and audience analysis.
- Small Group Communication: This class provides students with the chance to explore methods for leading people, making decisions and solving conflicts. They will also study verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Dynamics of Communication: In this fully online course, students learn techniques for public speaking. They also study small group and one-to-one communication methods.
- Oral Communication in the Workplace: This is a hybrid course, combining online learning with some on-site attendance. Students learn techniques for conducting applicant interviews. They also learn to give presentations designed to persuade or inform listeners. Other topics include group and interpersonal communication.
- Gender and Communication: Students in this course explore the differences and similarities between male and female communication habits and techniques. They also learn how gender communication can differ in the context of work and family.
- Effective Listening: Listening is a major part of being a good communicator. Students in this course learn some important factors in better listening for professional growth and development, including how to listen in different settings and the challenges of receiving and interpreting messages.
Students who want to study to become better communicators can do so though various programs which offer online speech classes. These programs will cover the basics of speech, including public speaking, interpersonal communication skills, and how to properly communicate in a work environment. Many community colleges offer coursework in these areas through 2-year degrees or standalone courses for college credit. Online bachelor's programs are also available in this field of study. Hybrid options exist as well through a variety of undergraduate pathways. Most online degrees in communications will require completed coursework in areas related to speech as well, in addition to general education courses.
Speech classes are offered online through associate's and bachelor's degree programs, and they're also available in standalone format. Students can choose from course topics like communication theory, gender and communication, and public speaking.