Are you looking for the right school in Orange County, Florida? Important information from the National Center for Education Statistics is helpful in finding which schools are closest to Orange County and which institutions have the highest enrollment and graduation rates, and the lowest net price.
Closest Schools to Orange Country, Florida
Schools located within or very near Orange County, Florida vary in type. Those included here predominantly offer certificate courses, associate and bachelor's degree programs. Students who opt to study within a 21-mile distance from Orange County can choose from the list of schools below.
- Stetson University (4.5 miles)
- Seminole State College of Florida (12.7 miles)
- ITT Technical Institute-Lake Mary (13.6 miles)
- ITT Technical Institute-Orlando (13.6 miles)
- Lake Technical College (20.1 miles)
Largest Schools Near Orange County, Florida
University of Central Florida, a public research university, currently has the largest student population in Orange County, Florida with 60,767 students in Fall 2014. The total number of undergraduates enrolled was 52,671. Other large schools comprising of public (primarily associate colleges), private not-for-profit, and private for-profit institutions include:
- Full Sail University (19,285 students: 17,318 undergraduates)
- Seminole State College of Florida (18,399 students: all undergraduates)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide (14,176 students: 9,755 undergraduates)
- Daytona State College (13,248 students: all undergraduates)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach (5,538 students: 4,967 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
The net price of a school can be calculated by subtracting the amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost of attendance. Data from the NCES showed that several schools within Orange County each had average net prices that were less than $17,000 in 2014-2015. Below are the 5 most affordable schools in Orange County.
- Daytona State College ($4,959)
- Lake Technical College ($7,543)
- Seminole State College of Florida ($8,085)
- University of Central Florida ($14,366)
- Bethune-Cookman University ($16,645)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES defines a school's overall graduation rate as the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of normal time, (for example, graduating from a 4-year bachelor's degree program within 6 years). Most of the non-specialty schools in Orange County have graduation rates that were below 60% in 2015, per the NCES. The top 5 schools in this category, however, each had graduation rates above 60%.
- Lake Technical College (74%)
- Rollins College (71%)
- University of Central Florida (70%)
- Orange Technical College-Winter Park Campus (68%)
- Stetson University (64%)
Depending on your priority, you can choose from several schools located in and around Orange County, Florida based on proximity, student population, cost, and graduation rates.