In this article, we hone in on the more traditional public or private schools near Orem. These institutions are then placed in categories using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students decide if any represent a good match.
Closest Schools to Orem, Utah
Students in the Orem, Utah, area who want to enroll in a traditional 2- or 4-year college may be hard-pressed to find suitable options. Most of the postsecondary institutions within 25 miles of Orem are dedicated to specialized vocational training, but there are some more traditional offerings. Here are the closest traditional schools to Orem, UT.
- Broadview University - Orem (0.0 miles)
- Stevens - Henager College (2.2 miles)
- Utah Valley University (2.2 miles)
- Brigham Young University - Provo (6.0 miles)
- Provo College (6.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Orem, Utah
Two 4-year schools in the Orem area offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees have the largest student numbers of enrolled students. The numbers drop drastically beyond that. The schools that follow have student populations as small as 270 and as large as 31,332.
- Utah Valley University (31,332)
- Brigham Young University - Provo (30,484)
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (2,168)
- Provo College (372)
- Stevens - Henager College (270)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid from total costs of attendance for full-time undergraduate students. NCES data from 2014-2015 shows the following schools as having the lowest net price among traditional school options near Orem.
- Utah Valley University ($6,565)
- Brigham Young University - Provo ($12,900)
- Broadview University - Orem ($17,059)
- Provo College ($18,079)
- Argosy University - Salt Lake City ($19,929)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES presents a school's overall graduation rate by determining the percentage of students who are able to complete their program within 150% of the 'normal' program length. Data shown for 4-year schools use cohorts starting in 2009 and 2-year schools use cohort data from 2012. Overall graduation rates range from 33%-81% for the following traditional Orem schools.
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (81%)
- Brigham Young University - Provo (80%)
- Provo College (71%)
- Broadview University - Orem (53%)
- Utah Valley University (33%)
There are several public and private schools in and near Orem, UT, and weighing criteria such as size, cost and graduation rate can help you determine which one will meet your educational needs.