Oshkosh and its bordering towns have a number of 4-year universities, public and private, and several 2-year technical colleges for prospective students looking to learn a more specific trade. Provided here are helpful information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) concerning the schools' distance from the city, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Oshkosh, Wisconsin
If you are looking for a school located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, you can opt for University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, which is located in the city itself. Along with majority of the schools nearby and within about 19 miles of the city, this institution offers certificate, undergraduate, and graduate level programs.
- Marian University (17.5 miles)
- Moraine Park Technical College (17.6 miles)
- Fox Valley Technical College (18.0 miles)
- Ripon College (19.2 miles)
- Lawrence University (19.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Oshkosh, Wisconsin
The school that had the largest student population in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, was University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. This 4-year public university had a total of 14,541 students in Fall 2014. The student population was composed of 13,311 undergraduates. Other schools with large student population in the area were a mixture of public and private not-for-profit institutions.
- Fox Valley Technical College (10,519 students: all undergraduates)
- Moraine Park Technical College (6,280 students: all undergraduates)
- Marian University (2,130 students: 1,628 undergraduates)
- Lawrence University (1,511 students: all undergraduates)
- Ripon College (840 students: all undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES subtracts the average amount of financial aid given to full-time undergraduate students at a school from the total cost of attending that school to find the net price. Net prices at traditional schools within 25 miles of Oshkosh ranged from about $9,000 to more than $26,000 in 2014-2015. The following five institutions had the lowest net prices in the Oshkosh area.
- Fox Valley Technical College ($9,125)
- Moraine Park Technical College ($9,480)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh ($12,117)
- Ripon College ($20,043)
- Marian University ($20,310)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES also keeps track of the number of full-time undergraduate students who graduate from a school within 150% of the 'normal time' it would take to complete the program; for example, 150% of the 'normal time' for a bachelor's degree would be six years. In 2015, graduation rates for non-specialty schools in the Oshkosh area ranged from 38% to 76%.
- Lawrence University (76%)
- Ripon College (69%)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (51%)
- Moraine Park Technical College (46%)
- Marian University (41%)
The data provided here from the NCES can help you in choosing the right school in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.