The Overland Park area is home to an array of colleges and universities, with options including a graduate school of education, an art institute and several community colleges. To help students better understand their options, we use data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare non-specialized schools in several categories.
Closest Schools to Overland Park, Kansas
The closest schools to Overland Park are almost entirely 4-year institutions. As such, several of these schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (5.9 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Overland Park (8.2 miles from downtown)
- Johnson County Community College (9.6 miles from downtown)
- Rasmussen College - Overland Park (9.6 miles from downtown)
- Wright Career College (9.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Overland Park, Kansas
The largest schools near Overland Park are mostly private institutions, but they do include two public schools. Overall, the student populations in the area vary greatly from fewer than 100 students to more than 10,000 students.
- Johnson County Community College (19,429 students)
- Grantham University (12,577 students)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College (6,198 students)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (1,870 students)
- Wright Career College (1,391 students)
Lowest Net Price
Prospective students may find it helpful to know the cost of attending the colleges in which they have an interest, including the potential student loan debt they may have to incur. The NCES reported the net price of schools by subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded to full-time undergrads from the total cost of attendance. For 2014-2015, many schools in the area had net prices below $20,000.
- Kansas Christian College ($6,660)
- Johnson County Community College ($7,037)
- Donnelly College ($10,442)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College ($12,579)
- Grantham University ($12,825)
Highest Graduation Rates
A school's graduation rate may be an indicator of the school's success in preparing students for a career. The NCES reported graduation rates for undergrad, full-time students who completed their program within 150% of the normal program time (six years for a bachelor's degree). Graduation rates for the schools in the Overland Park area (including specialty schools) ranged from 88% to less than 10% for 2015, according to NCES.
- Wright Career College (70% graduation rate)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (55% graduation rate)
- Grantham University (44% graduation rate)
- Brown Mackie College-Kansas City (30% graduation rate)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College (22% graduation rate)
Several schools near Overland Park, KS, offer variety in location, size, price, and graduation rates to potential students searching for the right postsecondary institution.