Owosso-area students searching for the right school have plenty of postsecondary options to choose from. We take a closer look at the traditional colleges and universities in the region offering an assortment of traditional programs, and help students make an informed academic decision by comparing them with information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Owosso, Michigan
Students wanting to attend school as close to Owosso as possible will find mostly private institutions to choose from. Many of the closest schools are less than 2-year specialty schools, but there are some 2-year and 4-year traditional schools nearby.
- Baker College of Owosso (7.3 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Swartz Creek (23.1 miles from downtown)
- Kettering University (24.8 miles from downtown)
- University of Michigan-Flint (27.8 miles from downtown)
- Mott Community College (27.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Owosso, Michigan
More than ten institutions near Owosso have student populations that are greater than 1,000 students. Most of these larger schools are public and offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Michigan State University (50,538 students)
- Central Michigan University (26,825 students)
- Baker College (23,790 students)
- Lansing Community College (14,851 students)
- Saginaw Valley State University (9,633 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the net price for U.S. colleges and universities by subtracting the average amount of government or institutional financial aid that full-time undergrad students receive from the total cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room, board, books and other expenses) for in-district or in-state students. The net prices of schools in the Owosso area (including specialty schools) range from approximately $1,000 to over $34,000 for 2014-2015.
- Delta College ($3,621)
- Lansing Community College ($5,669)
- Mott Community College ($5,931)
- Montcalm Community College ($6,845)
- Cleary University ($10,615)
Highest Graduation Rate
The Owosso-area traditional schools have graduation rates that range between 11% and 77% for 2015. This data is reported by the NCES, which calculates graduation rates based on the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their degree programs in 150% of the normal time (e.g., three years for an associate degree or six years for a bachelor's).
- Michigan State University (77% graduation rate)
- Alma College (62% graduation rate)
- Central Michigan University (59% graduation rate)
- Northwood University-Michigan (57% graduation rate)
- Kettering University (54% graduation rate)
The Owosso, MI, area offers students a great variety of school locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates, as well as public and private school options.