Undergraduate Academic Scholarships
Study.com Scholarship for Military Spouses
A $500 academic award will be given to the spouse of a military member, either in active duty or a veteran. The spouse must be pursuing a bachelor's degree, and all areas of study will be considered.
- Amount: $500
- One Award Annually
- Deadline: April 1st, 2019
Previous Scholarship Winner
B.S. in Energy and Sustainability Policy
Undergraduate Distance Learning Degrees Scholarship
"I plan to use [my] degree to enter the Peace Corps and help areas in need. Once my term in the Peace Corps is over, I will be
pursuing a MBA with a focus in Sustainable Business. I will then be attending law school to study in environmental law. I plan
to help businesses become more environmentally friendly so that the environment can stay clean while allowing industries to
This scholarship will help pay for my undergraduate degree. It will allow me to purchase the text material needed for my courses, ensuring that I have the materials needed to both keep up my grades and learn subjects that will help my career in the future."
Applicants should be pursuing a bachelor's degree from an accredited school. To save even more on tuition, you can consider supplementing your traditional classes with online courses for college credit. Examples of Study.com courses available include:
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
Selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident.
- Must be married to a military service member and be willing to provide the name and arm of service of spouse.
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next year.
- Graduating high school seniors who meet the above-mentioned criteria may apply.
- Must have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed.
- Must consent to provide a digital photograph of self and quote for display on Study.com if notified as the award winner by the selection committee.
The winner will be notified following the deadline and the award will be sent directly to the recipient by check to the permanent mailing address noted in the application.
Academic award winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide Study.com with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
Academic Award Provider
The academic award is provided by Study.com. The application process is completely online.
Read the full scholarship terms and conditions.