Undergraduate Distance Learning Degrees Academic Scholarships
$500 award will be given to a student pursuing a distance learning associate or bachelor degree program.
- Amount: $500
- One Award Annually
- Deadline: April 1st, 2021
Previous Scholarship Winner — $500 Award
Georgia Perimeter College
"There is a crisis of which few are aware. Each year, thousands of foster children turn eighteen and 'age out' of the foster system without permanent families. The statistics are poor for finishing high school, finding stable employment, ability to afford rent, or sometimes even food! A significant percentage end up homeless or incarcerated.
As a former foster parent and adoptive mother of two of them, my dream is to have my own company with technology to identify and match older foster children with families willing to adopt them. My business degree will provide me the credentials to get started!"
Applicants must be pursuing their degree through a distance learning program. All degree specializations will be considered, including but not limited to:
- Online Associate's in General Studies
- Online Associate's in Electrical Engineering Technology
Associate's in Health
- Online Associate's in Accounting
- Online Associate's in Early Childhood Education
- Online Bachelor's in Nursing
- Online Bachelor's in Business Management
- Online Bachelor's in Public Administration
- Online Bachelor's in Visual Communications
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
Selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next year.
- Graduating high school seniors who meet the above mentioned criteria may apply.
- Must have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed.
- Must consent to provide a digital photograph of self and quote for display on Study.com if notified as the award winner by the selection committee.
The winner will be notified following the deadline and the award will be sent directly to the recipient by check to the permanent mailing address noted in the application.
Academic award winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide Study.com with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
Academic Award Provider
The academic award is provided by Study.com. The application process is completely online.
Read the full scholarship terms and conditions.