Out of the four schools in Paramus, NJ, only one of them is a traditional school. Since only traditional universities and colleges are covered in this article, students will also read about public and private not-for-profit colleges and universities found in the surrounding areas. These institutions are organized by their proximity to Paramus, size, cost and graduation rate.
Closest School to Paramus, New Jersey
Whether it's their home or just a place they love, for many students being close to a particular city is very important. Students who wish to live in or near Praramus, New Jersey, have a few school options to choose from that are within 10 miles. These schools include the following:
- Bergen Community College (Located in Paramus)
- Felician University (4.8 miles from downtown)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus (4.9 miles from downtown)
- Passaic County Community College (5.8 miles from downtown)
- William Paterson University of New Jersey (9.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Paramus, New Jersey
Oftentimes, schools with larger student populations can provide more opportunities. This may be something you want to consider when you are looking for a school in the Paramus area. Here are the five largest New Jersey schools within 25 miles of downtown:
- Montclair State University (20,465 students)
- Bergen Community College (14,585 students)
- Kean University (14,112 students)
- Rutgers University-Newark (11,720 students)
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (11,325 students)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
The NCES takes the average annual cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students and subtracts from it the average amount of awarded financial aid in order to determine a school's average net price. The schools near Paramus with the lowest net price for 2014-2015 can be found below, per the NCES.
- Union County College ($4,102)
- Bergen Community College ($6,187)
- Hudson County Community College ($6,791)
- New Jersey City University ($7,753)
- Passaic County Community College ($8,584)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
The graduation rates featured in this article look at the number of full-time undergraduate students who finished their programs within six years, which is 150% of the normal time. Per data from the NCES, the traditional schools below have the highest graduation rates for the Paramus area as of 2015.
- Stevens Institute of Technology (82% graduation rate)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey (74% graduation rate)
- Rutgers University-Newark (68% graduation rate)
- Drew University (67% graduation rate)
- Montclair State University (66% graduation rate)
For those wanting to live in the Paramus, NJ, area, this article was made to help aspiring students who value a large population, low cost and high graduation rates find the right school for their goals.