Located in Los Angeles Country--the most populous county in the United States--the city of Pasadena, California offers future students a wide variety of colleges and universities with many types of degree programs for different students. Read through this article to learn about the closest schools to Pasadena, the largest student populations, the schools with the lowest net price, and the schools with the highest graduate rates.
Closest Schools to Pasadena, California
Students currently living in the city of Pasadena have numerous educational options within a two-mile radius of the city center. The following schools have campuses in closest proximity to Pasadena.
- North-west College Pasadena (Downtown)
- Pasadena City College (Downtown)
- California Institute of Technology (One mile from downtown)
- Providence Christian College (Two miles from downtown)
- Pacific Oaks College (Two miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Pasadena, California
For students who would like to study in a larger student environment, Pasadena is located within a reasonable distance to several large university campuses. The following five schools feature student populations exceeding 30,000, as well as campuses within 25 miles of Pasadena.
- University of Southern California (42,453 students)
- University of California-Los Angeles (41,845 students)
- California State University--Northridge (40,131 students)
- California State University - Fullerton (38,128 students)
- East Los Angeles College (36,012 students)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) determines a school's net worth by subtracting the average amount of student financial aid from the average cost of attending that particular school. Each of the following Pasadena schools offer the lowest net cost for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- California State University - Los Angeles ($3,160)
- California State University -- Dominguez Hills ($3,764)
- Glendale Community College- Glendale ($3,785)
- Mt. San Antonio College ($4,042)
- Citrus College - Glendora ($4,694)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
A school's graduation rate refers to the percentage of students enrolled at that particular school who complete their degree program in 150% of the standard length of time for that particular degree. These schools offer the highest graduation rate of any within the Pasadena area:
- Argosy University--Los Angeles (100% graduation rate)
- Pomona College--Claremont (94% graduation rate)
- University of Southern California - Los Angeles (92% graduation rate)
- Claremont-Mckenna College--Claremont (92% graduation rate)
- Scripps College (96% graduation rate)
Given its location in one of the most populous metropolitan areas in the country, Pasadena is located within a convenient distance of numerous colleges and universities offering different types of degree programs and educational experience. This information will help you learn about the Pasadena schools that will be best for you and your educational preferences.