Are you having a difficult time deciding which university to attend in the Pasadena, California, area? Below, you can learn about several nearby institutions and their respective distance from you, student populations, tuition costs, and graduation rates, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Pasadena, California
Long commutes to and from school can be tiresome and expensive. If proximity is a concern in selecting a university, perhaps the below institutions would be a good fit for you. Each of the following schools is within eleven miles of Pasadena.
- Shepherd University (5.7 miles away)
- California State University - Los Angeles (5.9 miles away)
- University of the West (8.3 miles away)
- Golden Gate University - Los Angeles (9.7 miles away)
- Woodbury University (10.6 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Pasadena, California
Schools with large populations sometimes present more opportunities for social interaction, extracurricular activities, and academic resources. If you wish to attend a larger school, perhaps the below institutions are for you!
- University of Southern California (42,453 students; 18,739 undergraduates)
- University of California - Los Angeles (41,845 students; 29,633 undergraduates)
- California State University - Northridge (40,131 students; 35,616 undergraduates)
- California State University - Fullerton (38,128 students; 32,726 undergraduates)
- California State University - Los Angeles (24,488 students; 20,681 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines a school's net price by subtracting the amount of financial aid received by the average student from the school's tuition cost. If out-of-pocket cost is a major concern, perhaps the below schools would present an affordable education. It should be noted that the below figures pertain to full-time undergraduates in the 2014-2015 school year.
- California State University - Los Angeles ($3,160)
- California State University - Dominguez Hills ($3,764)
- California State University - Northridge ($7,075)
- California State University - Fullerton ($7,915)
- University of the West ($12,187)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES determines a school's graduation rate by calculating the amount of full-time undergraduate students who successfully completed their selected degree program within 150% of the normal amount of time. The figures below pertain to students who began their education in Fall 2009. If a school's graduation rate is important to you, perhaps these institutions would best suit your academic needs:
- University of Southern California (92% graduation rate)
- University of California - Los Angeles (91% graduation rate)
- Loyola Marymount University (79% graduation rate)
- Biola University (70% graduation rate)
- Azusa Pacific University (68% graduation rate)
As is apparent, students in the Pasadena, California, area searching for a university to attend based on proximity, size, cost, or graduation rates have numerous academic options.