If you are interested in attending school near Patchogue, New York, you can find both specialty schools and traditional colleges and universities. Here, we look at National Center for Education Statistics data for traditional schools within 25 miles of Patchogue, including those that are the closest, the largest, the least expensive and which have the highest graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Patchogue, New York
Patchogue, New York, is located on the south shore of Long Island. Students can find several public and private universities in and around the village. If you're looking to minimize your commute, check out the five closest schools.
- Briarcliffe College-Patchogue (0.0 miles)
- Saint Joseph's College-Long Island (0.0 miles)
- Dowling College (7.2 miles)
- Suffolk County Community College (7.2 miles)
- Stony Brook University (11.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near Patchogue, New York
At larger schools, you may have access to more opportunities, while smaller schools tend to offer more personalized classroom instruction. There are two large public universities in the Patchogue area, both with over 25,000 students. The next largest schools are considerably smaller, ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand students.
- Suffolk County Community College (26,829 students)
- Stony Brook University (25,272 students)
- Farmingdale State College (8,648 students)
- Dowling College (2,256 students)
- Five Towns College (653 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Schools With Lowest Net Price
If you are concerned about college affordability, it can be helpful to look at the net prices for the schools you are considering. A school's net price is found by taking the total cost of attendance and then subtracting the average financial aid package for a full-time undergraduate student. According to NCES figures for the 2014-2015 academic year, the following were the least expensive schools in the Patchogue area.
- Suffolk County Community College ($6,554 per year)
- Farmingdale State College ($8,346 per year)
- Stony Brook University ($13,503 per year)
- Five Towns College ($19,180 per year)
- Dowling College ($24,528 per year)
Schools With Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES calculates graduation rates based on the percentage of students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal time. For students finishing in 2015, these five Patchogue-area schools reported the highest graduation rates.
- Stony Brook University (68%)
- Farmingdale State College (48%)
- Dowling College (36%)
- Five Towns College (31%)
- Suffolk County Community College (21%)
In summary, aspiring students in the Patchogue area can use NCES statistics to help with the college decision-making process.