School options for students in and near Peoria, IL, include public and private non-profit schools. To help students choose from among these institutions, we've listed them into categories based on location and student enrollment, among other features. The data is based on stats from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Peoria, IL
The closest schools to Peoria are 2-year public schools and 4-year private non-profit institutions. Students can choose from a variety of programs, like certificates, associate's degrees, and more.
- Illinois Central College (3.8 miles away in East Peoria)
- Bradley University (10.9 miles from downtown Peoria)
- Eureka College (16.8 miles away in Eureka)
- Spoon River College (24.7 miles away in Canton)
Largest Schools Near Peoria, IL
The largest schools near Peoria ranged from about 700 students to nearly 10,000 students as of fall 2015. Two of the biggest institutions in the area are 2-year public colleges, and the other two are 4-year private schools.
- Illinois Central College (9,704 students)
- Bradley University (5,338 students)
- Spoon River College (1,665 students)
- Eureka College (695 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES figures out an average net price for a school by taking the average financial aid awarded by the student and subtracting that from the school's total attendance cost. For the 2014-2015 academic year, the following colleges had the lowest net price amongst the Peoria area traditional colleges and universities for full-time undergraduates.
- Illinois Central College ($7,532)
- Spoon River College ($10,019)
- Eureka College ($16,547)
- Bradley University ($27,211)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES calculates the graduation rates for students who graduated within 150% of the program's standard time. The following are the public and private non-profit colleges and universities close to the city of Peoria that had the highest graduation rates, according to the NCES, for full-time undergraduates who began their programs in 2009 (for 4-year programs) and 2012 (for 2-year programs).
- Bradley University (74% graduation rate)
- Eureka College (51% graduation rate)
- Spoon River College (44% graduation rate)
- Illinois Central College (27% graduation rate)
We've listed the few public and private non-profit schools in and around Peoria, Illinois, by categories that will help you choose the school that is best suited for your needs.