Explore your options for gaining a Ph.D. near Atlanta. See which schools are the largest, the closest to the downtown area and more, according to data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Atlanta, Georgia
Atlanta offers a number of schools in or near the downtown area where you could possibly pursue your Ph.D. If location is a major factor in your decision, consider these five schools, which are all five miles or less from the heart of Atlanta.
- Georgia State University (located downtown)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (2 miles from downtown)
- Clark Atlanta University (2 miles from downtown)
- Beulah Heights University (4 miles from downtown)
- Emory University (5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Atlanta, Georgia
The schools offering advanced degrees in the Atlanta area with the largest student populations are listed below. NCES reported enrollment numbers in 2015.
- Georgia State University (32,556 students)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (23,109 students)
- Emory University (14,769 students)
- Clark Atlanta University (3,485 students)
- Beulah Heights University (673 students)
Lowest Average Graduate Tuition
Find below five traditional schools that offer five of the lowest in-state tuition prices for advanced degree programs in the Atlanta area. Statistics were listed by NCES for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Kennesaw State University ($4,734)
- Georgia State University ($6,876)
- Georgia Christian University ($6,888)
- Beulah Heights University ($9,720)
- Georgia Institute of Technology ($13,452)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate data for students completing their doctoral degrees is not available. However, the following schools near Atlanta have the highest graduation rates among full-time undergraduate students in 2015, as reported by the NCES. These stats take into account the number of students who completed their studies within 150% of the normal completion time.
- Emory University (89% graduation rate)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (85% graduation rate)
- Georgia State University (54% graduation rate)
- Kennesaw State University (42% graduation rate)
- Clark Atlanta University (38% graduation rate)
Depending on what you're looking for in a school, taking the time to consider price, school size and other factors will help you make an informed decision about where to pursue your Ph.D. near Atlanta, GA.