Physical Therapy Assistant Career Training in New Hampshire

New Hampshire has one public school that offers a physical therapy assistant program. Learn about the degree program, tuition info and program options for this school to make an informed education decision.

Essential Information

Physical therapy assistants (PTAs), alternatively known as physical therapist assistants, provide therapy under the supervision of physical therapists, helping in treatment and exercises with patients. Students in New Hampshire may earn an associate's degree in the field from a community college that includes clinical elements such as a seminar and sessions during their education. Read on for more information about the physical therapy assistant program available in New Hampshire.

River Valley Community College

River Valley Community College is a 2-year, public school located in the rural city of Claremont. RVCC offers a 2-year, Associate in Science - Physical Therapist Assistant degree program for students interested in assisting licensed physical therapists in the treatment of patients suffering from debilitating illness or injury.

The courses cover anatomy and physiology, physical and occupational therapies, daily living activities, human development, kinesiology, physical therapy procedures, therapeutic exercise, clinical neurology, psychology and more. Students must also complete a physical therapy clinical education seminar and three separate clinical sessions at off-campus facilities.

A maximum of 20 students are accepted into the PTA program each year. During the 2009-2011 period, more than three-quarters of RVCC graduates passed the NPTE, which is comparable to the national average passing rate, and 100% of those who passed became employed in the field within about six months.

Career Requirements

In the majority of states, including New Hampshire, PTAs must have a minimum of an associate's degree in physical therapy, completed clinical affiliations and passed the national examination for licensure. The curriculum in the physical therapy assistant program at the college above is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) and prepares graduates to take the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) in the state in which he or she wishes to practice.

School Comparison: At a Glance

School Name School Type & Setting Physical Therapy Assistant Program Offered Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2015-2016)
River Valley Community College 2-year, public; fringe rural Associate in Science - Physical Therapist Assistant $6,855 in-state; $15,015 out-of-state*

Source: *NCES College Navigator

What is your highest level of education?

Some College
Complete your degree or find the graduate program that's right for you.
High School Diploma
Explore schools that offer bachelor and associate degrees.
Still in High School
Earn your diploma or GED. Plan your undergraduate education.

Schools you may like:

Popular Schools

The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.

    • BS in Health Science

    What is your highest level of education completed?

    • EdD in Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
    • MBA: Health Systems Management
    • MS in Health Care Administration
    • BS in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
    • Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science
    • BS in Health Care Administration

    What is your highest level of education?

    • MSHS in Clinical Microbiology

    What is your highest level of education?

  • What is your highest level of education?

  • What is your highest level of education?

  • What is your highest level of education completed?

  • What is your age?

  • What year did you graduate high school?

    • Medical Assistant
    • Nurse Aide

    What is your highest level of education completed?

    • Medical Assistant
    • Medical Assisting
    • Medical Laboratory Technology
    • Pharmacy Technician
    • Sterile Processing Technician

    Year of High School Graduation or GED completion:

Find your perfect school

What is your highest level of education?