The Plantation area is home to a variety of schools. To help students choose the right college, we've aggregated the schools into four categories. The data is from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Plantation, Florida
Students who are looking to attend college around Plantation, Florida, have the options of 2-year public and 4-year private non-profit schools. Students will have the chance to enter into undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- William T McFatter Technical College (0.0 miles away in Davie)
- University of Fort Lauderdale (1.4 miles away in Lauderhill)
- Trinity International University-Florida (2.9 miles away in Davie)
- Nova Southeastern University (4.2 miles away in Fort Lauderdale)
- City College-Fort Lauderdale (5.0 miles away in Fort Lauderdale)
Largest Schools Near Plantation, Florida
The largest schools near Plantation, Florida, offered student enrollments of more than 16,000 students, as of fall 2015. Some of the largest schools in the area are actually on the small side, in comparison.
- Broward College (43,078 students)
- Nova Southeastern University (23,236 students)
- Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale (16,579 students)
- Atlantic Technical College (3,132 students)
- Sheridan Technical College (1,553 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Most college-bound students consider price a strong factor in their choice of school, and the NCES posts an annual net price figure for each institution. This figure is based on the likely expenses students will encounter (including tuition, books, room and board, etc.) minus the average scholarship and grant aid received by in-state students. Here are the schools with the lowest net prices in the Plantation area, according to NCES calculations from 2014-2015, for full-time undergraduate students.
- Broward College ($8,622)
- William T McFatter Technical College ($9,405)
- Sheridan Technical College ($10,267)
- Atlantic Technical College ($17,947)
- City College-Fort Lauderdale ($22,727)
Highest Graduation Rate
A high graduation rate can be an indicator of a school's ability to retain students and keep them focused on meeting academic goals. The overall graduation rates posted by the NCES include the percentage of students who graduated within 150% of the normal time (e.g. completing a bachelor's degree program in six years). The following schools are based on graduate rates according to NCES figures for full-time undergraduates who entered into school in 2009 (for 4-year schools) or 2012 (for 2-year schools).
- Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale (68% graduation rate)
- William T McFatter Technical College (63%)
- Atlantic Technical College (59%)
- Sheridan Technical College (55%)
- City College-Fort Lauderdale (49% graduation rate)
Plantation, Florida, offers potential students the chance to enter into public or private non-profit universities for postsecondary instruction, and we've placed those schools into four categories based on price, student population, graduation rates, and location to help you decide on one that is most appropriate for you.