By using the information provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), we are able to analyze which schools near Plymouth, MN, best fit various factors you may have for considering where to apply. Continue reading for a breakdown of schools closest to Plymouth, schools with the largest student populations, schools with the lowest net price, and schools with the highest graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Plymouth, MN
The only two colleges located in Plymouth, MN, are both specialty trade schools, therefore if you are interested in attending a traditional college or university, you will have to travel a small distance away from Plymouth. Listed are some schools that are closest to Plymouth.
- University of Phoenix (6.5 miles outside of Plymouth, MN)
- Herzing University (6.9 miles outside of Plymouth, MN)
- Hennepin Technical College (9.9 miles from Plymouth, MN)
- North Hennepin Community College (9.9 miles from Plymouth, MN)
- ITT Technical Institute (10 miles away from Plymouth, MN)
Largest Schools Near Plymouth, MN
When considering attending a traditional college or university, the size of the student body is an important factor to keep in mind. Schools with the largest student populations average around 11.88 miles away from the city of Plymouth, MN.
- Walden University (52,188 students)
- University of Minnesota (51,147 students)
- Capella University (35,061 students)
- Normandale Community College (9,539 students)
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College (9,237 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES takes the in-state annual tuition on average for a student and subtracts from that the student's financial aid package on average in order to figure out a school's net price on average. The traditional universities and colleges with the lowest net prices within a 15 mile radius of Plymouth, MN, for 2014-2015 are ordered below.
- North Hennepin Community College ($10,036)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College ($10,974)
- Normandale Community College ($12,328)
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College ($12,752)
- Capella University ($12,918)
Highest Graduation Rate
The schools with the highest graduation rates for Plymouth have graduation rates from 44% to 77%. When looking at graduation rates, the NCES considers students who finished within the program's normal completion time as well as students who graduated within 150% of the program's standard time. Per data from the NCES, these schools presented below have the highest graduation rates amongst the traditional colleges and universities near Plymouth.
- University of Minnesota (77%)
- Bethel University (74%)
- Crown College (56%)
- Augsburg College (56%)
- North Central University (44%)
Plymouth, MN, does not have any traditional colleges or universities within the city limits, however there are plenty of schools with varying student populations, graduation rates, and tuition price points within 15 miles of the city, that are viable options for consideration.