While the Port St. Lucie area has a limited number of schools, most, however, are four-year universities and private non-for-profit institutions. If this seems like a lot to consider, review this information to help yourself compare these schools by:
Closest Schools to Port St. Lucie, Florida
Whether you are trying to limit how far you commute to school, or just want to be close to home, information on how close the traditional public and private non-for-profit schools are to Port. St. Lucia is available. Here are the school within 50 miles off Port St. Lucie, FL.
- Keiser University (Port St. Lucie)
- Indian River State College (8.7 miles from downtown)
- Hobe Sound Bible College (18 miles from downtown)
- Palm Beach Atlantic University (42.9 miles from downtown)
- Palm Beach State College (48.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Port St. Lucie, Florida
With greater opportunities for networking and a larger selection of courses, some students may find it advantages to try to get into a larger college, while others may enjoy the smaller schools. Whichever you prefer, the NCES reports student populations so students have a chance to consider how big the school is. Here are the school in the Port St. Lucie area and their sizes.
- Palm Beach State College (29,616 enrolled students)
- Indian River State College (18,204 enrolled students)
- Palm Beach Atlantic University (3,918 enrolled students)
- Hobe Sound Bible College (228 enrolled students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Schools with Lowest Net Price
Many students consider costs when choosing a college or university, and comparing the average net prices at different schools gives them an idea of how much they'll end up paying to attend a particular school. The average net price is determined by deducting the average amount of financial aid an in-state student receives from the total cost of attending a school as a full-time undergraduate student. Net prices at not-for-profit schools in the area ranged from just under $2,000 to more than $22,000 in 2014-2015. All of the following figures come from the NCES.
- Indian River State College ($1,547)
- Palm Beach State College ($2,615)
- Hobe Sound Bible College ($5,293)
- Palm Beach Atlantic University ($22,358)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
A college's overall graduation rate is the percentage of students who finish their programs of study within 150% of the 'normal' time (three years for an associate's degree, for instance). Listed below are the graduation rates for the traditional public and private, not-for-profit schools in the Port St. Lucie area as of 2015.
- Hobe Sound Bible College (56% graduation rate)
- Palm Beach Atlantic University (42% graduation rate)
- Indian River State College (36% graduation rate)
- Palm Beach State College (35% graduation rate)
If you are wanting to stay in the Port St. Lucie area, use this information to make an informed decision based on the schools' location, student population, cost and graduation rate.