To help would-be college students find a traditional college that meets their needs, we compare Pottsville area public and private institutions in four categories to help students sort through the information. All data is sourced from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Many of the schools located within 25 miles of Pottsville are specialized - they include multiple career training centers, a beauty academy and a nursing college. However, there are a few more traditional options available, and those schools are our focus for schools nearest to downtown Pottsville. Here are four schools within 23 miles from downtown Pottsville:
- McCann Schools of Business and Technology (0.0 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill (4.4 miles)
- Berks Career and Technology Center (20.7 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University- Penn State Hazleton (22.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Although all except for one of these schools have less than 1,000 students, here we have four schools with the largest enrollment in the Pottsville area. All of these schools are public with the exception of McCann, which is private and for-profit.
- McCann School of Business and Technology (3,346 students)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Hazleton (850 students)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill (796 students)
- Berks Career and Technology Center (58 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price is a figure that's calculated by taking the total cost of attendance at a school, including tuition, room and board, books and fees, and subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by the in-state students attending that school. Net prices at schools in the Pottsville region ranged from around $15,100 to about $19,700. The following three schools offered lower net prices among qualified institutions in the area, according to NCES figures for full-time undergraduates in 2014-2015.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill ($15,176)
- McCann School of Business and Technology ($16,656)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Hazleton ($19,606)
Highest Graduation Rates
The graduation rates for the schools listed below are based on the percentage of students who graduated within 150% of the normal time allotted to complete a given program. In other words, the normal amount of time given to complete a bachelor's degree program is 4 years, so the graduation rate listed would cover any students that finished their studies within 6 years. Among all schools in the area, graduation rates ranged from 58% down to 37%. The following schools had the highest rates among traditional schools near Pottsville, according to the NCES.
- Berks Career and Technology Center (58%)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Hazleton (54%)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill (45%)
- McCann School of Business and Technology (37%)
When you look at the figures presented above from NCES showing data on school location, school size, enrollment and graduation rates, you can determine which school or schools will fit your criteria.