Only a handful of postsecondary options are available within the area surrounding Prescott, AZ. To help students make an informed academic decision, we compare the traditional institutions in the area using the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Prescott, Arizona
The closest schools to Prescott tend to be 4-year schools, but there are some 2-year (or less) schools available. A few of these schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs for interested students.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott (located downtown)
- Prescott College (located downtown)
- Yavapai College (located downtown)
- Northcentral University (9.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Prescott, Arizona
The largest schools near Prescott are primarily private institutions, but there is one 2-year public school available. Generally, the student populations in the area are near 1,000 students or more.
- Northcentral University (11,029 students)
- Yavapai College (7,385 students)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott (2,265 students)
- Prescott College (819 students)
Lowest Net Price
Price can be an important factor when considering a school to attend. The NCES calculates net price by subtracting the average financial aid awarded to full-time undergrads from the total cost of attendance. For 2014-2015, most schools in the area had net prices above $10,000, but there were some cheaper options as well.
- Yavapai College ($6,204)
- Prescott College ($24,354)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott ($32,952)
Highest Graduation Rates
The overall graduation rate, reported by the NCES, is the percentage of first-time, full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of the 'normal' amount of time. So, for bachelor's degree programs, this is a 6-year time frame; for associate's degree programs, it's a 3-year time frame. All schools in the area had rates less than 60% for 2015.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott (59% graduation rate)
- Prescott College (30% graduation rate)
- Yavapai College (27% graduation rate)
- Northcentral University (0% graduation rate)
The Prescott, AZ, area had limited options when it comes to 2-year and 4-year traditional colleges and universities, but it still provides students with some variation in location, size, price, and graduation rates.