MA in Health Care Administration
Ashford University's Master of Arts in Health Care Administration degree program is designed to teach students about the business side of health care. Learn more about Ashford University's MA in Health Care Administration here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Arts in Health Care Administration
School Offering Program:
Applicants must have an accredited Bachelor's degree with a minimum 2.0 GPA and must fulfill the English Language Requirement.
Students enrolled in Ashford University's Master of Arts in Health Care Administration program have the opportunity to learn about health care theory and applied concepts. Over the course of the program, students explore topics such as health policy, risk management, and human resources. The curriculum includes general business topics such as finance and economics; students learn how these topics can be applied to health care. Upon completing the program, graduates could be able to apply health care accounting concepts, use legal and ethical standards to make health care decisions, use health care information technology, and use quality improvement standards to evaluate outcomes.
Ashford University offers students several payment options, including cash plans, employer tuition reimbursement, direct employer billing, and military tuition assistance. Qualifying students may be eligible for financial aid.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Arts in Health Care Administration:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Ashford University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MHA 601: Principles of Health Care Administration (3 credits)
- MHA 622: Health Care Ethics & Law (3 credits)
- MHA 620: Health Policy Analyses (3 credits)
- MHA 614: Policy Formation & Leadership in Health Organizations (3 credits)
- MHA 616: Health Care Management Information Systems (3 credits)
- MHA 610: Introduction to Biostatistics (3 credits)
- MHA 612: Financial & Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- MHA 618: Health Economics (3 credits)
- MHA 624: Continuous Quality Improvements & Risk Management (3 credits)
- MHA 628: Managed Care & Contractual Services (3 credits)
- MHA 626: Strategic Planning & Marketing in Health Care (3 credits)
- MHA 690: Health Care Capstone (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Although graduates could pursue employment, advanced education options are also available. Doctoral degrees in health care administration could prepare graduates to work at universities or as health policymakers.
Graduates of Ashford University's Master of Arts in Health Care Administration program may be eligible for senior management positions in the health care industry. In addition to working for hospitals, graduates may be able to find jobs with insurance companies, medical clinics, and medical supply companies.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Health informatics manager
- Contract negotiator
- Hospital administrator