BSN - RN-to-BSN Completion (CCNE-accredited)
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a specialization in RN-to-BSN (CCNE Accredited) program have an opportunity to study nursing research and informatics, pharmacology for patient safety, and other relevant topics. Read on to learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a specialization in RN-to-BSN (CCNE Accredited) program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a specialization in RN-to-BSN Degree Completion (CCNE Accredited)
School Offering Program:
Aspiring students of Capella University's RN-to-BSN program (CCNE Accredited) need an associate's degree in nursing or diploma in nursing from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized agency or an internationally recognized institution, and an unrestricted RN license.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a specialization in RN-to-BSN program (CCNE-accredited) includes core nursing coursework, specialization courses in areas such as public service and patient safety, and a capstone project. The program is designed to provide licensed registered nurses with important professional skills as conducting health and illness assessments, improving patient outcomes, promoting disease prevention, understanding multicultural wellness strategies, using patient care technology, and communicating effectively with a health care team. Graduates of the program may be better prepared to meet the demand for nurses with bachelor's degrees in health care.
Total Credits Required:
180 quarter credits with the ability to transfer up to 135 of those credits.
Capella participates in several federal financial aid programs including the Federal Pell Grant Program and Federal Stafford Loan Program. Capella is also eligible to certify Veterans Educational Benefits and can provide information on other non-federal loan programs.
Capella-funded scholarships are also available in select disciplines, such as the Robert C. Ford Human Services Scholarship and the Helene Krivosha Scholarship for education students. There are also external scholarships offered specifically to Capella students, such as the Go the Distance Scholarship.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Network Technology with a specialization in Cisco:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- BSN 4000: Orientation to Bachelor's Nursing Concepts (6 credits)
- BSN 4002: Assessment, Communication, and Collaboration (6 credits)
- BSN 4004: Nursing Research and Informatics (6 credits)
- BSN 4006: Policy, Law, Ethics, and Regulations (6 credits)
- BSN 4008: Organizational and Systems Management for Quality Outcomes (6 credits)
- BSN 4010: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in Vulnerable and Diverse Populations (6 credits)
- BSN 4012: Nursing Leadership and Management (6 credits)
- BSN 4014: Global Perspectives of Community and Public Service
- BSN 4016: Pharmacology for Patient Safety
- BSN 4017: Collaborative Group Process for Nursing Professionals
General Education Courses
Students choose 45 credits with a minimum of 6 credits from each category.
- Choose a minimum of 6 communication credits:
- Choose a minimum of 6 humanities credits:
- Choose a minimum of 6 natural science and mathematics credits:
- Choose a minimum of 6 social science credits:
- General Education Electives (21 credits)
- Approved Undergraduate Electives (39 credits)
- BSN 4020: Nursing Capstone Project (6 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Once a student has completed Capella University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a specialization in RN-to-BSN (CCNE Accredited), he or she has the opportunity to pursue related master's degrees. A master's degree in nursing may allow a student to specialization in areas such as nurse education, gerontology nursing, nurse leadership, and diabetes nursing.
Degrees that graduates could pursue include:
- Master of Science in Nursing (Diabetes Nursing)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Gerontology Nursing)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Nurse Educator)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Nursing Leadership and Administration)
Students who have finished Capella University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a specialization in BSN-to-RN (CCNE Accredited) program have the opportunity to pursue careers in the nursing field. Potential employers may include hospitals, clinics, doctors' offices, and home-healthcare organizations.
Positions graduates may pursue include:
- Registered nurse
- Home health nurse
- Community health nurse
- School nurse
- Industrial health nurse
- Case management nurse
- Licensed practical nurse (LPN) instructor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!